Post Croix - Monza GSE

Bstardchild

Message par Bstardchild »

Mycroft a écrit : jeu. 15 oct., 2015 22:58My respect to Mrs BC, there's no thing you can answer correctly to a woman (and even more to yours) asking you something about herself except may be that she always have a good sight ;)

Indeed never right with a woman

It's a good job she hasn't got good eyesight she'd have not lasted 25 years with me......

Mycroft a écrit : jeu. 15 oct., 2015 22:58At this point of your project, every little detail show you you're progressing in a good way ! Good job ! :jap:

Really don't want to cut the dash.......

Mycroft

Message par Mycroft »

about U and Mrs: I won't judge, it's your opinion ;)

about the dash, you're embarrassed for cutting the part itself or for the work of doing another fit and well in fiber ?
"Si la connerie était une forme d'énergie gratuite, je pourrais dire sans le moindre doutes que l'on en manquerait certainement jamais ... Elle est inépuisable"
-- Christopher PIRSON
Bstardchild

Mycroft a écrit : jeu. 15 oct., 2015 23:56about U and Mrs: I won't judge, it's your opinion ;)

I always get the last word in with Mrs BC "Yes Dear"

Mycroft a écrit : jeu. 15 oct., 2015 23:56about the dash, you're embarrassed for cutting the part itself or for the work of doing another fit and well in fiber ?

I'd like it to fit without cutting - it's a nice dash, no cracks and very few marks - It should fit if the shell is where it needs to be.

In fact I'd compromise on wheel in arch position and shell position to get the dash to fit well - how crazy is that!!!

Mycroft

Message par Mycroft »

'Yes Dear' as almost in every couple :mouah:

But don't you think that this compromise would ruin the balance of yout car and make it undriveable ?
"Si la connerie était une forme d'énergie gratuite, je pourrais dire sans le moindre doutes que l'on en manquerait certainement jamais ... Elle est inépuisable"
-- Christopher PIRSON
Bstardchild

Mycroft a écrit : ven. 16 oct., 2015 09:20'Yes Dear' as almost in every couple :mouah:

But don't you think that this compromise would ruin the balance of yout car and make it undriveable ?

I don't think an inch would have that much effect :D

As for balance - well make it light enough as a whole you can always reposition items to change the balance

I got the Monza down to 1200 kgs with all fluids but no driver - but much of the weight was in the front (best approximation is 25/75 (so very little in the back) - which made it interesting from a handling perspective

Target for the Mongrel is 1000 kgs with all fluids and no driver - I'll never get to a 50/50 weight distribution with a large lump of pig iron up front but if I end up at 1100 kgs and 40/60 I'll still be happy

It's not like I'm doing something that has been done time and time again and I have a blueprint to follow!!

Mycroft

Message par Mycroft »

Bstardchild a écrit : ven. 16 oct., 2015 10:10
I don't think an inch would have that much effect :D

[Joke]
Do we talk about Mrs BC or about the mongrel ? :mouah:
[/joke]

For your car, since you does not touch to the place of the wheel, may be it would not really change something to move the shell for an Inch ...

-- Christopher PIRSON
Bstardchild

Mycroft a écrit : ven. 16 oct., 2015 20:48[Joke]
Do we talk about Mrs BC or about the mongrel ? :mouah:
[/joke]

:clap:

Mycroft a écrit : ven. 16 oct., 2015 20:48For your car, since you does not touch to the place of the wheel, may be it would not really change something to move the shell for an Inch ...

I think that too - but looks still matter - it needs to look like a Commodore not some botched together mess

I took the dash out of the Monza to save some small weight - I'd run it without a dash when I first converted to 24V

It's not a nice look - escaped from a scrap yard I call it - it makes it hard to demist windows - fine for the summer but on a wet track day it's no good

So I put the dash back in

I later removed it again to lose weight when I couldn't lose any more elsewhere....... I didn't learn my lesson

The commodore dash is nice and not very heavy has all the vents as part of it the heater box and fan assembly are OK makes sense to use it. I don't want to make this car look like a scrap yard escape

Mycroft

Message par Mycroft »

Ok and trying to redo the dash in fiber in which you cut the problem out?
Dernière modification par Mycroft le sam. 17 oct., 2015 10:18, modifié 1 fois.
-- Christopher PIRSON
Bstardchild

Mycroft a écrit : sam. 17 oct., 2015 10:18Ok and trying to redo the dash in fiber in which you cut the problem out?

I may have to

Well rolling it out of the garage gave me the chance to see properly

Shell is too far forward

And as I already new not down enough at the front

Bonnet laid on to look a shuts

So push the shell back a bit and look at it again

It has dropped which is nice but it's still too high - I have plenty of clearance under the bonnet mind!!!

Bstardchild

It didn't look much like a commodore even with the wings and bonnet on - sometimes you have to do stuff just to make you feel better about things

Stanley getting in on the action

It's a family joke but my teddy got a new nose
Répondre